Total views : 321
Where has the Central Venous Catheter Gone? Common Catheter Malpositions Occurring in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital
- Bekemeyer WB, Crapo RO, Calhoor S, Cannon CY, Clayton PD. Ef ficacy of chest radiography in a respiratory intensive care unit. A prospective study. Chest 1985;88:691–6.
- Trotman-Dickenson B. Radiography in the critical care patient. In: McLoud TC, Boiselle P editors. Thoracic radiology: the requisites. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby Elsevier. 2010; 136–59
- Schuster M, Nave H, Pieperbrook S, Pabst R, Panning B. The carina as a landmark in central venous catheter placement. Br J Anaesth 2000; 85:192–4.
- Alberecht K, Nave H, Breitmeier D, Panning B, Troger HD. Applied anatomy of superior vena cava- the carina as a landmark to guide central venous catheter placement. Br J Anaesth 2004; 92:75–7
- Gravenstein N, Blackshear RH. In vitro evaluation of relative perforating potential of central venous catheters: comparison of material, selected models, number of lumens and angles of incidence to simulated membrane. J Clin monit 1991; 7:1–6.
- Domini KB, Bowdle A, Posner KL, Spitellie PH, Lee LA. Injuries and liability related to central vascular catheters. Anesthesiology 2004; 100:1411–8
- Cook TM. Litigation related to central venous access by anaesthetists: an analysis of claims against the NHS in England 1995-2009. Anaesthesia 2011; 66:56–7
- Reusch S, Walder B, Trammer MR. Complications of central venous catheters: Internal jugular versus subclavian access-A systematic review. Crit Care Med 2002; 30:454–60
- Trerotolia SO, Thompson S, Chittams J, Vierregger KS. Analysis of tip malpositions and correction in peripherally inserted central catheters placed at bedside by a dedicated nursing team. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2007; 18:513–8.
- Lessnau KD. Is chest radiography necessary after uncomplicated insertion of a triple lumen catheter in the right Internal Jugular vein using anterior approach? Chest 2005; 127:220–3.
- Matsushima K, Frankel HL. Bedside Ultrasound can Safely Eliminate the Need for Chest Radiographs after Central Venous Catheter Placement: CVC Sono in the Surgical ICU (SICU). J Surg Res 2010; 163:155–61.
- There are currently no refbacks.