Total views : 374
Interosseous Cannulation, a Life Saving Vascular Access in Resuscitation of an Infant in Cardiac Arrest
We present a case of 2 months old critically ill child who developed cardiac arrest while securing central venous access under ultra-sonographic technique. Successful resuscitation by administering fluid and drugs through prompt establishment of intra osseous access saved the life of an infant.
Cardiac Arrest, Intra Osseous Route, Pediatric Emergency, Resuscitation.
- Drinkeckr Lund CC. The circulation in the mammalian bone marrow. American Journal of Physiology 1922; 62:1–92.
- Foex BA. Discovery of the intraosseous route for fluid administration. J Accid Emerg Med 2000; 17:136–7.
- Chansa E, Hansen K, Gustafsson B. An intraosseous blood transfusion in a critically ill child. African Journal of Emergency Medicine 2014; 4:83–5.
- Aliman A. Intraosseous anesthesia in hemodynamic studies in children with cardiopathy. Revista Brasileira de Anestesiologia 2011; 61(1):41– 9.
- Selby IR, James MR. The intraosseous route for induction of anaesthesiacase report. Anaesthesia 1993; 48:982–4.
- Banerjee S, Singhi SC, Singh S, Singh M. The intraosseous route is a suitable alternative to intravenous route for fluid resuscitation in severely dehydrated children. Indian Pediatrics 1994; 31:1511–20.
- Michael A, Dubick et al. A review of intraosseous vascular access. Current status and Military Application. Military Medicine 2000; 165:552.
- Paediatric drug dose chart, kingston general hospital & hotel dieu hospital departments of anesthesiology and paediatrics, 3rd edition. 2013 Dec. Available from: anesthesiology.queensu.ca/assets/Pediatrics/7_ Peds_Card_-_FINAL_2013.pdf
- There are currently no refbacks.